Here, we show you how to create an account for a teacher who has course enrollment in your Student Information System or who needs to see a fixed list of students by being given access to Student Groups.
Create an account for a teacher with student enrolled in courses assigned to them
If your teacher has assigned courses, their name is probably already in our system. All you need to do is follow the instructions below.
Note: In order to create accounts, you must have the User Admin module assigned to you. If you don't see the menu item called User Management, you don't have the ability to create accounts. Please contact your SchoolStatus district admin to help request access to this tool, or to ask for their help in creating accounts you need.
- Go to User Management from your main menu.
- Select Teacher Creation. Then, search Find Teacher or scroll through pages to find the teacher's name. You may wish to narrow results your results by school if you have district access.
- Make sure that the teacher has a green checkmark in the Visible column
- Enter a valid email address, and click Create.
When you click Create, the user will receive a Welcome email, inviting them to create a password.
Here are some common issues you may run into when creating teacher accounts:
- If you do not find your teacher's name in Teacher Creation, make sure the teacher is in your SIS.
- Confirm that the school and courses are showing up correctly in SchoolStatus. If the teacher account has no school showing, or if there are no courses showing below the school name, creating a teacher account will not automatically provide access to view student data; you'll need to either a) make corrections in your SIS, or b) create a User Group for your teacher, and then create Student Groups and make them visible to that User Group.
- If you get a "This username is already in use" notice, that means an account has already been created with that email address; look for them In User Management, and then click Modify to link the teacher to the SIS identity.
If you have any questions about Teacher Creation, please reach out to us. We are always available and happy to help.