I wonder if they received my email? Did they open the email I sent? Why did my email fail? These are questions we've all asked ourselves at some point after sending an email. Did you know that you can check the status of the email you sent? Let's talk about what the status of an email means!
Now that you have sent an email to a parent or perhaps to several parents, you can view the status of that email. Simply click History on the left side menu of your account. Here, the History module will display all of your engagements, however, you can also use the filters at the top left to narrow down your search to only see emails.
So, what is the status and what do they mean? Here's a breakdown.
- Delivered - The receiving mail server accepted the message.
- Undelivered - The receiving email server is temporarily unavailable.
- Opened - The recipient has opened the email.
- Failed - The email could not be delivered.
- Dropped - Previous emails have bounced, have been unsubscribed to, or were reported as spam, and thus will not be delivered.
These statuses are tracked for every outbound email sent through SchoolStatus on the backend. The below picture illustrates what a user will see on your account for the status of an email.