Our users have been asking for the ability to send district and school-wide messages with the easy, transparency, and logging you get with other SchoolStatus communications tools. Well, look no further than Notify! Unify all your communications into one tool--SchoolStatus.
What is Notify?
Notify is our mass notification system that allows for sending messages, calls, and emails to recipients of an entire school or schools, grade level, or district. Notify uses a short code like 93-9393, which is different from our 1:1 and Broadcast messages. Notify messages are not meant for a reply from the recipient.
Who can use Notify?
Notify is designed for school or district-level communications, so building-level admin and above. Traditional teachers will not be Notify users. They should continue to use Broadcast messaging to communicate with multiple recipients.
Notify is in Beta. What does that mean?
Beta means we are still working on it! It means we've released the features to a limited number of people as we continue to build and enhance the features. The Beta stage allows us to have real users test the functionality to ensure all is working perfectly.
What features does Notify have now?
- Send a text message to all preferred contacts of a school, multiple schools, or the entire district
- Schedule messages to be sent at a time in the future
- View message delivery stats like how many messages were sent, delivered, or failed
- Automated attendance notifications
What features are coming soon?
I'm glad you asked! Our next feature release is expect in early June 2020. In that release we expect to have:
- Method selection (send the message via call, text, email or any combination of those)
- Ability to record your voice for calls
- Grade level audiences (send to all 4th graders, regardless of school)
- Staff audiences (include your staff in your communications or send to only staff)
Does Notify cost extra?
Yes, it does. Communications do incur costs for each call, text, or email. So in order to provide this feature set, we need to charge (what we think) is a small fee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get a custom quote for your district.
I want to be a Beta District! How do I sign up?
Awesome! Email email@example.com to request early beta access to Notify!