Has printing become a thing of the past? SchoolStatus understands that occasionally you need printed handouts for a meeting or for a student's file. For now, here’s how you can print Engagements.
Find the conversation
First, click on any student's name to visit the Student Card. From here, click Engagement and you'll see all of the previous communication with this student's contacts.
Options for Printing
Once you find the conversation you want to print, you have few choices: you can use select+print or copy+paste to move the text into a printable document, or you can take a screenshot. Read more to see which option is right for you.
We recommend using select+print when you just need the content. Simply highlight the message using your mouse cursor, then right-click and select Print. If this option is not available to you, try the next option.
To copy+paste, highlight the message you want to print, right-click and select Copy.
Next, open a Word Doc, NotePad, or Google Doc and right-click to paste the text there.
Once you have all of the conversation message pasted, you can right-click on the text document and select Print or use the print options available for the program you are using.
Since a screenshot shows the conversation in the context of the program and can’t be edited or deleted by SchoolStatus users, it’s ideal for times when you need an official record of the communication- for legal purposes, for example.
Screenshots on iPhones and iPads:
- For iPads and iPhones, up to iPhone 8: hold down the Sleep/Wake button and press the Home button
- For iPhone X models and iPad Pro: hold the Side Button to the right of the screen (Top button for iPad Pro) and tap the Volume Up button on the opposite side simultaneously
Screenshots on Android devices:
- Most Android devices: take screen grabs by holding down the power and volume buttons for 1-2 seconds, press the power and home buttons together, or use the screenshot button in the pulldown quick settings menu.
-Phones with Google Assistant or Bixby (Samsung): use a voice command to ask to take a screenshot.
Screenshots on PCs with Windows 10:
- Print Whole Screen: use the keyboard's Print Screen button; then hit Ctrl-V to paste.
-Print one window: open the specific screen you want to capture, and tap Alt+Print Screen; then hit Ctrl-V to paste.
- Snipping: the Snipping Tool, which you can find in the Start menu. Snip & Sketch will eventually replace the Snipping Tool; to access, hit Shift+Windows Key+S, which will launch a small toolbar.
Screenshots on Mac computers:
- Print Whole Screen: hit Command+Shift+3 to send a PNG image to your desktop.
-Print partial screen: hit Command+Shift+4 and use the crosshairs to select a section of the screen, which sends a PNG image to your desktop
Screenshots on Chromebooks:
- Print Whole Screen: Hit Ctrl+Window Switch Key to take a full-screen snapshot. This button is located at the top of the keyboard and has an image of a box with lines next to it.
-Print partial screen: Enter Ctrl+Shift+Window Switcher and use the crosshairs to select a section of the screen.
Now that you can print your engagement, why not start adding Notes to a Student Card to store additional information on a student? Click here to learn more!