Groups allow you to see a specific list of students. Some SchoolStatus users, such as coaches, teacher's aides, speech therapists, tutors, RTI, PLC, and other specialists, do not have assigned courses or student body access, but still, need to see data for some but not all students. That's why we created Groups.
***Groups created by teachers from the previous school year are DELETED once the new school year begins. Any group created by an administrator or via Searchlight will remain unless deletion is requested by the district.
Seeing and Creating Groups
Anyone with the Groups module can view Groups. If these students share common data points (like "7th Grade Females") you can use Searchlight to create the Group.
A Student Group is simply a custom-made roster of some but not all students, created to meet the needs of SchoolStatus users. Students can be added or removed to keep the group up-to-date.
- 2016-17 Basketball players
- Students in SPED, Intervention or Gifted programs outside of regular courses.
- Those enrolled in an after-school program.
- Students in need of special counseling services, like speech pathology.
- Bus riders
- Members of the student council, yearbook, or other year-long activity groups outside of courses
- Participants in short-term activities, like a field trip or the school play
A User Group defines who has permission to view a Student Group. (When we say "users," we mean SchoolStatus account users.) Examples of User Groups might include:
- A "2016 Basketball Coaches" User Group with permission to view the Student Group "2016 Basketball Players," so coaches can see parent contact information; an "Athletic Department" User Group that allows the Athletic Director and select athletic staff to monitor athletes' grades and attendance.
- A "Bus Coordinators" user group to oversee bus riders
- Staff who chaperone a field trip or school activity
- Classroom aide for a teacher
Groups Admin Module
The Student Group and User Group Admin modules are required to create or manage groups. Click here to learn about adding modules.
*Note* We automatically add the creator of the User Group to the group and your district's SPOC (single person of contact) will have access to edit any group created for your district as well.