Avoid common pitfalls in transitioning to your new SIS with these steps.
When planning to switch to a new SIS, here’s what you need to know.
- Start the conversation ASAP! Tell our Integrations team your new SIS name. Allow us to ask you some follow up questions so we can help make the transition a smooth one.
- Choose a transition date. You might think SIS migration is "plug and play," but it's not. It takes effort and time to make it all work seamlessly.
- What do you want to see? We will have some questions for you about how to best display data that will meet your district's needs.
- How will we source this data? We may need to develop a new strategy- different from your old SIS- for how to receive your data.
- Who on your team can help us? We will customize your transition and this will require actions on both sides. We will need direct contact with your SIS administrator and possibly someone from your technology department. The district is ultimately responsible for getting the data to us but we can often provide resources to help.
- File review. Once the preliminary work for how you will get us the data is done, we will look at the initial files from the new SIS and reply to you with any issues or changes that need to be made.
- Data loading with our technical team. Once we are sure the format of your core data is sound, we will hand the migration over to our technical team to begin processing the new data files. Our engineers will make sure that the new data has continuity with the old files, so that all teachers and students are present (and not duplicated) in your district's SchoolStatus site.
Click here to return to the main menu - or ask for help!